Secure Transformer Lifecycle Management System
The transformers we rely on today in our energy grid contain a wealth of information that can be leveraged to reduce the cost of operations and maintenance, optimize loading for peak performance, and dependably boost the safety and security of the infrastructure.
Purpose-built to meet the security demands of the future. Capable of serving the many different needs of transformer owners and operators with relevant data sets to support strategic decision-making, the VAULT is designed to securely manage the lifecycle and health of stationary and mobile substation transformers, within the utility network infrastructure. Unlike single-function devices, the VAULT aggregates locally and processes multi-device data in real time, eliminating the inefficiency of moving key information from where it is collected to where it is analyzed.
Transformer Health Monitoring
- Bushing relative power factor
- Winding temperatures
- Oil temperatures
- Moisture dissolved in oil
- Gasses dissolved in oil
Transformer Optimum Loading
- Optimal Load
- Nominal Load
- Load Threshold
- Loss of life rate per cycle
- Load Margin
Sensors & monitors that can be connected to InsuLogix® VAULT
- Gas monitors
- Moisture sensors
- Fiber optic temperature monitors
- Retro-fitable temperature monitoring solutions
- Bushing and lightning arrester monitoring system
- Voltage and current sensors
InsuLogix® Optimum Performance Monitoring™ software functionality
- Controls InsuLogix® VAULT data acquisition, recording and distribution.
- Allows the user to configure the InsuLogix® VAULT by entering transformer design information, Heat Run Test data, configure alarms for various sensors and calculated parameters.
- Processes data, executes algorithms and provides analysis of data, outputs information pertaining to transformer health and performance.
- Provides the user with transformer digital or dynamic nameplate (as compared to analog or static transformer nameplate) for normal and emergency loading scenarios.