Double Sided Padmount Switch Designs
- 600 Amp rated vacuum load-break switch mechanism with optional Visible Disconnects and with Ground.
- SCADA motor operator mounting provisions on every Switched way.
- Footprint and horizontal bushing designs sized to make an easy retrofit conversion from live front air-insulated switchgear to sealed dead front.
- Designs to replace oil switches and SF6 filled equipment on their original foundations are available.
- Low profile bases and lift up hoods or cabinet front enclosures are available.
Padmounted Switch with Current Limiting Fuse Protection
- 15kV, 25kV and 35kV class switchgear offer 600 Amp vacuum loadbreak switches with full-range, current-limiting fuse protection.
- Trayer’s Universal Fuse Wells accommodate liquid immersed current limited fuses up to 200 Amps at 15kV.
- “Fool” proof fuse cap and integral bushing design “prohibits” fuse removal under load.
- Footprint designs available to replace live front and oil switchgear on their original foundations.
Padmount 15kV and 25kV Switch with 3000 Series VFI Protection
- 4 way designs are available in standard 9, 10, 11, and 12 configurations to upgrade or replace original fused equipment on their existing foundations.
- Typical 12 configuration is designed with a 600 Amp loadbreak switch IN, two 200 Amp VFI load tap ways and a 600 Amp three phase VFI OUT, for downstream main line protection.
- Cable fault protection and interruption provided by a 600 Amp VFI, isolating a fault mid circuit.
- Tri-phase Visible Disconnect devices available on both the vacuum loadbreak switch and vacuum fault interrupter mechanisms.
Padmount Double Sided with up to Six Ways
- Modular, double-sided, 6 way design allows for many combinations of load-break switch and vacuum fault interrupter configurations.
- Cabinet style enclosures with lift up lids reduce the weight of “old style” lift up hood designs.
- The horizontal operating handles are set up to add future Smart Grid or SCADA motor operators.
Padmount 15kV and 25kV 4000 Series CT Powered VFIs with Single Phase Operating Handles
- Versatile single-phase trip 4000 Series vacuum fault interrupter provides reliable single phase circuit protection.
- Single-phase VFIs and accompanying single-phase or three-phase trip relays are powered from internally-mounted current transformers.
- In case of complete loss of power, the relay can trip the VFI on curve within 10 milliseconds.
- Optional single-phase visible disconnects in series with 4000 Series VFIs permits customers to leave their 600 Amp cables attached while testing and grounding.
Padmount 15kV and 25kV 4000 Series CT powered VFIs with “ganged’ Three Phase Operating Handle
- Above design offers single or three-phase tripping with three-phase Open/Reset/Close.
- Footprint and bushing layout offers easy retrofit of existing live front, air insulated switchgear.
- CT powered relays provide a low cost upgrade to fuse protected circuits.
- Multiple design options available.