Tan Delta Cable Diagnostics
The Tan Delta (TD) series of diagnostic test instruments was developed to help cable engineers evaluate the condition of their MV and EHV cables. Tan Delta, also known as TD, or Dissipation Factor, is an excellent diagnostic tool to evaluate both aged and new cables systems, particularly when evidence of moisture ingress into the cable is concerned. This can manifest itself as corrosion of the neutrals (also called concentric neutral corrosion) and/ or tracking in splices, and as water tree degradation in cable insulation etc.
The TD Series of instruments work hand in hand with the HVA Series of VLF high voltage test instruments. Some of the TD systems are external and interface to the HVA as a separate device while others are integrated into the HVA System.
HV Diagnostics is also one of the few companies in the world with the capability of performing an accurate and traceable Tan Delta calibration at VLF having developed a unique TD measurement reference system.
Every TD system comes complete with corona suppression shields, a traceable TD calibration certificate, the Industry “Standard” TD Control Center software, all housed in a rugged carry case. TD systems are available up to 200kV!
HV Diagnostics HVA45 Tan Delta Cable Diagnostic Instrument
This unit packs a punch at 45kV peak output and with integrated Tan Delta. There is no need to have a separate external Tan Delta instrument with this all-in-one design. Fully compliance with the IEEE400, 400.2, IEC 60502, CENELEC HD620/621 guides and standards. At only 86 lbs/39kbs this unit is very portable, housed in a rugged IP67 case. With a high test capacity of 10uF, there are very few loads or cables this instrument cannot test. With the a large 4.3″ color display, automatic TD evaluation, and manual and automatic test functionality, DC and AC operation, testing in the field just got a whole lot easier. Designed for performing diagnostic testing for up to 35kV rated cables and full acceptance testing of cables 25kV and lower, this unit covers most of the MV cables installed today. All instruments are shipped with a NIST calibration certificate, TD Control Center software, corona protection shields, Bluetooth dongle, and accessories tote.
- Pure AC VLF, and DC (+ or – polarity)
- Load independent sinusoidal 0.1Hz
- Integrated TD
- TD Resolution ±1×10-4
- TD Analysis & Reporting using TD Control Center
- Digital RMS metering
- Smallest compact rugged construction
- Bluetooth/USB Mem. stick PC Interface
- 4.3″ Color LCD Display
- Weighs only 86 lbs / 39 kg
- Insulation Resistance & Cap. Measurement
- Perform advanced diagnostics on MV Cables acc. to IEEE400, 400.2, CENELEC HD620/621
- Output Frequency optimization
- Real time oscilloscope display
- Auto & Manual Test programmable Sequences
- Internal Storage of Test Reports
- Unlimited duty cycle
- Flashover voltage detection
- Power supply immunity and independence
- Low maintenance, oil-free design
- RMS Digital Metering of Current and Voltage
- Automatic TD Evaluation
- Vacuum Bottle Test functionality
- Optional Partial Discharge Interface
- VLF 32kVrms/45kV Peak output
- DC ±45kV
- Sine/Square/ DC outputs
- Cable Jacket / Sheath testing mode
- TD measurement mode
- Vacuum bottle testing mode
- Fault Conditioning/Trip
- Load independent output waveform
- Short circuit detection
- Emergency Off Interlock
- Integrated internal discharge of DUT.
- 12kV power frequency voltage feedback protection