EA Technology Astute HV Monitoring
Every year, the Institute of Asset Management has an award for innovation. In 2018 our Astute HV Monitoring® solution won against determined competition from National Grid, ISA CTEEP and others. It’s just one addition to our trophy cabinet and shows a commitment to innovation that has run through EA Technology for decades.
Power rests with you
Together we’ll investigate the nature and magnitude of any issues, and advise you on whether you need to take urgent action or simply carry on monitoring the situation.
Either way, the fault is now under your control. You decide whether to undertake repairs during the next routine maintenance phase or to isolate part of the HV system while you do investigations, repairs and replacements.
On rare occasions, you might need a complete emergency shutdown, but again, it can be done properly with all safeguards and procedures observed, and with warning given to affected parties.
Monitoring pays for itself
A single catastrophic outage can cost more than several years’ worth of Astute Monitoring®.
By flagging issues earlier and letting you fix your HV system at a time that suits you, you can save the costs of:
- Lost productivity;
- Replacement of damaged switchgear, cables and other components;
- Unplanned labour – overtime, weekend pay;
- Outage fines (especially in public power supply);
- Reputational damage
- In terms of due diligence, Astute HV Monitoring® is priceless.
Installation of monitoring equipment requires no downtime whatsoever. Most of our monitoring devices simply clip around existing cabling or fit inside switchgear boxes.
Continual or regular monitoring – with reporting
While the recommended Astute HV™ setup is usually monitoring with automated alerts, some less critical situations might require only monthly or weekly reporting. Since most PD-related deterioration develops over several months, that often gives enough time to act.
We’ll provide regular performance updates to all customers who want them – they’re useful ways of spotting trends and irregularities.
Benefits of our products
Astute HV Monitoring® service for Switchgear
- Peace of mind that switchgear is being monitored
- Real-time monitoring flags faults as they happen
- Safety of staff and physical assets
Astute HV Monitoring® service for Cables
- Monitoring of PDs in cable network
- Forewarning gives time to plan the most efficient repair shutdown
- Capable of monitoring up to 180 cables simultaneously
- Uses 3G/4G router – no need to use the corporate network
Astute HV Monitor®
- Monitoring of PD activity
- Part of our award-winning range
- Up to 300 sensors measuring critical indicators
- No downtime required for installation