Proven and Accurate Technology with Weidmann InsuLogix H Hydrogen Monitor
The InsuLogix H Hydrogen Monitor incorporates chip-based patented technology using palladium nickel alloy to measure Hydrogen. An advanced proprietary coating that protects the sensor allows it to directly contact the oil without the need for membranes or filters, enabling it to measure Hydrogen in both oil and gas phases.
Hydrocarbon oils are used as insulating fluids in electrical equipment because of their high dielectric strength and chemical stability. Under normal operating conditions they are very stable. However, when a fault occurs, the oil insulation will undergo chemical degradation. The fault induced breakdown products are low molecular weight gaseous compounds that are soluble in the oil.
Quantitative analysis of the gases present in the oil allows identification of fault processes such as partial discharge, overheating, and arcing. Hydrogen is the key element for warning signs because hydrogen is produced in all fault conditions. The InsuLogix H can protect your transformer by quickly and accurately warning you of these faults.
InsuLogix H Benefits
- Responds to utilities’ demand for an economically priced H2 monitor
- Easy field installation, no transformer outage required
- Simple set-up and operation
- Low maintenance and durability provide a true reduction in cost of operations
- Advanced proprietary coating protects the sensor, enabling it to measure H2 in both oil and gas phases
- Chip-based patented technology using palladium-nickel alloy to measure H2concentration
- No consumables, no sensor degradation, no moving parts
- No membranes or filters
- Optional moisture-in-oil sensor package
- 4-20mA output, three alarm relays, serial communication, MODBUS, data recording
- Robust and tested technology platform
- Thousands of similar sensors are installed in applications in various industries such as petroleum refineries, chemical production, nuclear power plants and fuel cells